The last two years have been hard. Some may even say sucky. But along with the bad, there was good. So…I’d like to present a balanced wrap-up of the year by listing my top five low points and highlights. Since I always like to end on a positive note, I’ll start with the low points in no particular order:
- The January 6th Insurrection and attack on the US capital. While the attack itself was absolutely horrendous, the aftermath of multiple far right policticians attempting to re-write history and still insist that “the big lie” was absolute truth, is the thing that scares me the most.
- The new draconian anti-abortion law that took effect in Texas.
- Resurgance of the pandemic and subsequent further pain and death with two highly contagious mutations, Delta and Omicron.
- The loss of my father.
- The implementation of nefarious voting laws in various states intended to threaten our democracy and suppress votes, particularly votes from people of color.
Whew, great to dispense the bad news first, now onto my highlights for the year (again in no particular order):
- We got a new President that isn’t a racist, sexist, homophobic, narcisistic autocrat.
- In the writing realm, three new books, three new short stories and two audibles went live this past year: Inspiration Takes a Vacation: An Epic Love Story, Sculpting Her Heart (in audible too), The Others, Rainstorm (part of the Lonestar II Collection), Nightmare on Pennsylvania Avenue (part of the Lady Grimm II Anthology), Donner Junior Saves the Day (stand alone Christmas Short) and Locked Inside (in audible). Whew, I’m tired just thinking about all the writing, editing and proofing I did in 2021.
- The rolling RV Book tour wasn’t a huge success regarding the sale of my books, but it was a ton of fun. I got to visit with many friends, make Facebook Live videos with respected authors (Ali Spooner, McGee Mathews, Patricia Evans, Denise Judge, D. Jackson Leigh, Lila Bruce, Darla Baker and RJ Samuel). Plus, this year’s cross the country trek presented very few problems after learning a lot more about our RV and the kind of tools and extra parts we should carry with us.
- Although my father’s passing was a sad event, I got to connect with family as we all gathered in Florida to be with him in his final days. Prior to that trip, my wife and I stayed with my Dad and got to take him out to eat and generally enjoyed our visit with him several months prior to his decline.
- Visiting with friends this past summer including an awesome time with our dear friends in Kentucky, Arkansas, South Carolina and Florida. Delicious food, drink and conversation at each stop.
Hopefully, 2022 will bring more opportunities to have fun with friends, time with family, and reintroduction of kindness, grace, and the ability to disagree without the excessive acrimony, violence, and other despicable behavior that is somehow become the norm. Feel free to check out all those stories that were published this past year…especially the one that hasn’t gotten a lot of attention, but has gotten good reviews, The Others. Look for a sale on this book early next year! Also, right around the corner will be my new release, Disconnected. Look for that in early January, maybe even tomorrow… Also don’t forget about the two sale books this week from S. Anne Gardner: Absolution and An Affair of Love.
Also available in Audible!
Free on Kindle Unlimited
Available on Kindle Unlimited
- Love Forever Live Forever
- Artist Free Zone
- The Thanksgiving Baby Caper
- The Book Addict
- The Book Witch
- Compound Interest – Lesfic Bard Action/Adventure Finalist
- Inspiration Takes a Vacation
- Donner Junior Saves the Day
Proud to be an Affinity Rainbow Publications author!